Tracks for overhead/gantry cranes
The tracks are necessary to ensure the movement of the bridge or gantry crane in safe conditions and represent the interface of the machine with the customer’s building.
These tracks must therefore be designed and constructed in accordance with the current structural and anti-seismic regulations. In the connection between the tracks and the support of the building there is a bolted joint that allows for possible future adjustment or disassembly.
In the case the customer does not have additional support, it is possible to supply metal columns to act as support for the tracks either fixed to the building or free standing.
Metalmeccanica Spaggiari offers crane tracks made from boxed beams or commercial profiles according to UNI-ENV1993-6, depending on the pitch of the pillars and the capacity of the bridge cranes.
The elastic deformations are limited to 1/600 of pitch as far as the vertical plane is concerned and 1/200 of pitch for the horizontal plane.
From the 1st of July 2014 the tracks are also subjected to the CE marking according to the following rules:
- UNI EN 1090-2:2011 - Manufacture of steel and aluminum structures – Part 2: Technical requirements fro steel structures.
- UNI EN 1090-1:2012 Manufacture of steel and aluminum structures – Part 1: requirements for conformity assessment of structural components.
Metalmeccanica Spaggiari is in possession of all the requisites and certificates necessary to ensure that the tracks meet the following harmonized standards:
- UNI EN 1991-3:2006
- Eurocodes 1 - Structural actions - Part 3: Crane and machinery induced actions.
- UNI EN 1993-6:2007
- Eurocodes 3 - Design of steel structures - Part 6: Lifting equipment structures.
- UNI EN 1993-1-1:2014
- Eurocodes 3 – Design of steel structures – Part 1-1: General rules for building
- D.M. 14/01/2008
- Technical regulations for the construction.